- A Help Command for Gonsole We took the 4.2 release of JGit as an opportunity to not only include the new JGit version but also ...
- Gonsole 1.2: Open Git Consoles from Everywhere We have added a little feature to the Git Console for the Eclipse IDE that may be helpful here and ...
- Gonsole Requirement Upgrade to JRE 8 Just a short notice for all users of gonsole. There has been a gonsole requirement upgrade since Rüdiger and I ...
- A Small Update for Gonsole If you follow the respecive channels you will certainly have read that recently a critical security vulnerability has been discovered ...
- Unleashing gonsole 1.0, a Git Console for Eclipse Over the last few weeks, Frank and I had some spare time. As summer hadn’t yet arrived in Germany, we ...
What Gonsole Is About
The plug-in provides among other things content-assist for the available git commands via Ctrl+Space as well as a command history that can be opend using the Arrow-Up key.
How To Get It
or install from this Eclipse software repository: https://rherrmann.github.io/gonsole/repository/
What This Training Is About
We offer training that imparts the knowledge needed to cope with the challanges of working with Git, efficiently in small on-site classes, tailored to your company needs, with a good deal of practical exercises.
Who Our Training Is For
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the history of Git
- Understand the differences to other Version Control Systems
- Download and install the tool on your local machine
- Get a profound knowledge of the internal functionality of a repository and its object database
- Train the usage of the most essential commands, such as
- git init
- git add
- git commit
- git log
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the distributed nature of Git and study how to interact with remote repositories
- Become acquainted with commands, such as
- git clone
- git remote
- git push
- git fetch
- git merge
- git pull
- git rebase
Branches and Tags
- Comprehend the advantages of the lightweight branching concepts of Git
- Learn how to resolve merge conflicts
- Practice the usage of commands, such as
- git branch
- git checkout
- git merge
- git fetch
- git diff
- git tag
- Come to know the common working patterns to master your daily work challanges efficiently
- Experience the purpose of commands, such as
- git stash
- git reset
- git revert
- Grasp the sense and purpose of using different long-living branches
- Conceive the concepts and usage scenarious of the various distributed workflow types, such as
- Centralized Workflow
- Integration-Manager Workflow
- Dictator and Lieutenants Workflow
What Participants Say
Scope and goals of the course can be adjusted to the specific needs of the participants. Trainings can be held in German or English. Contact us for more details, dates, and arrangements.